By: Azhari, SN., Dr
An elective course for students of the magister program of computer science, Gadjah Mada University.
After taking and learning this course, the students could understand globally (and specifically) the core of semantic web technology, from concepts, theories to case study of applications. The following is my lecture chapter and course topics for my class.
- Comparison web vs semantic web
- Web 1.0, web 2.0, web 3.0
- Ilustration and simple example (and some videos of semantic web)
RDF (Resource Description Framework)
- Simple triple semantic, graphic representation of triples
- N-Triples, N3, RDF/XML
- RDF Query Engines
- OWL (Web Ontology Language)
- Counting, set, restriction in OWL
Tool, Engine, API for Programming
- A short tutorial on Protege Ontology Editor
- Protege OWL
- OWL Jena API
- Semantic org API
- Web rule & Inference
- DL reasoning
Social Networking and Semantic
- Modeling social network data
- Ontological representation of social individuals
Study case & Application Demo
- Problem example and application
- Student Cases & Presentations
- Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies, by Pascal Hitzler; Markus Krotzsch; and Sebastian Rudolph, 2010, Publisher: Boca Raton: CRC Press.
- Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist Modeling in RDF, RDFS, and OWL, by Dean Allemang, and James Hendler, 2008, Burlington, MA: Morgan Kaufmann.
- Programming the Semantic Web, by Toby Segaran, Colin Evans, and Jamie Taylor, 2009, O’Reilly Media.
- Social Networks and the Semantic Web, by Peter Mika, 2007, Springer Science + Business Media, LLC.
- A Practical Guide to Building OWL Ontologist Using Protege 4 and CO-ODE Tools, Edition 1.2, by Matthew Horridge, 2009, The University of Manchester.
- Some academic papers of the new future intelligent web issues to be reviewed by student groups.
- Other lecture note resources of semantic web from various site